Association O.I.M. F.M.M.M. ONLUS
International Works of Mercy
Daughters of Mary Mother of Mercy
Is a non-governmental organization (NGO) legally constituted in Italy : Rep. N. 21615, Racc. N 9016. Reg. Number 1352, registered on the 11th of October 2011.
It is a Charitable Organization, founded by Rev Sr. Dr. Mary Anne Nwiboko together with other friends of the Congregation of the “Daughters of Mary, Mother of Mercy” DMMM in Italy. The Association pursues exclusively charitable purposes and aims to be a tool available to those willing to help the needy through voluntary work.
YOU MAY ASK US
- What do we want? - We want to help people in need.
- What do we have? - We have our personal resources and good will.
- How do we use what we have to get what we want? - Appealing to your good hearts to support us through your donations.
- What will happen when we do? - People in various needs will be relived and certainly God will bless you.
Our purpose is to promote life, enhance a better living, through empowerment and to raise resources to support various humanitarian initiatives that work to promote life and a better living. In particular, our Association offer the following activities:
- We give economic assistance to the needy.
- We support humanitarian initiatives both at home and abroad, these includes: construction of schools, orphanages, health structures and we help also to provide facilities to enhance a smooth running /better living.
- We offer social welfare services to communities;
- We work for the prevention of youth problems through the development of recreational, educational and social systems and we enhance individual and community empowerment;
- We promote the protection of children and mothers especially those infected/affected by HIV/AIDS, people in various needs the disabled, orphans and the under privileged.
- We create accommodation for the sick elderly; We coordinate families with particular problems and help children in difficulty through placement, financial and moral support.
- We promote various activities including helping addicts to recover from addiction through projects and empowerment.
- We help families in need to live safe/ healthy.
It is obvious that the combination of education, improved socio-economic standard of living, women empowerment and education at all levels, career opportunities and full access to reproductive health information and services will have a target impact on health in the developing countries like Nigeria and in Africa; the OIMFMMM ASSOCIATION is all about this.
THE DAUGHTERS OF MARY,
MOTHER OF MERCY (D.M.M.M.)
The Association promotes the works of the Congregation of the "Daughters of Mary, Mother of Mercy" and acts in obedience and under the supervision of the Superior General.
The Association takes the charism of the Congregation "of the" Daughters of Mary, Mother of Mercy” (the religious family of the foundress): .”Bearing witness to the Mercy of God by following the foot-steps of Christ through:
- caring for the orphans,
- the aged and sick in hospitals and homes,
- helping prisoners,
- participation in education at various levels and also on the social welfare and the needs of the poor”.
The diffusion of AIDS is the new scourge of Africa.
In Nigeria an estimated 3.3 million percent of the people are living with aids.
HIV/AIDS – adult prevalence rate 3.9% (2009 est.)
HIV/AIDS deaths 220,000 (2009 est).
Notwithstanding the efforts of the Nigerian government to provide assistance to the victims of aids, data shows that every second a child in Nigeria suffers from malnutrition, that over 1.000 people succumb to various illnesses everyday, that almost 40,000 children are born with HIV each year !
The “ASSOCIAZIONE O.I.M F.M.M.M ONLUS” have decided to help through the construction of a hospital in Nigeria to give hope to children infected/affected by HIV/AIDS.
The association is doing everything possible to raise funds for this project.
Construction of “Mercy Hospital Abakaliki Nigeria”
In 2008 a land was donated to the DMMM sisters at Abakaliki Ebonyi State`. Abakaliki urban city has a population of 121700 inhabitants.
The Population of Ebonyi State is 4,339,136 (2005 est.)
Ebonyi State is a mainland south-eastern state of Nigeria, It is one of the six new states in Nigeria created in 1996 by the Abacha government.
The plan of the sisters is build a hospital there and to create an ideal place/ atmosphere that will represent for orphaned children affected by aids a true home, where they can receive not only treatment but a true affection. The Association have decided to sponsor this project.
The hospital complex will be made of various units interconnected with each. With about 250-bed space comprising:
- Internal medicine Units,
- Surgery units,
- Recovery Rooms,
- pediatric Unit,
- Operation Theatres,
- Intensive Care Units (ICU),
- Cancer (Oncology) Diagnostic and Treatment Units,
- Radio-diagnostic Imaging Centre,
- Utilities and others that constitute about 30 per cent of the whole project.
Basic health care is fundamental for every human person. Good Hospitals are basic needs in a continent where millions do not live to see their fourth birthday: "This is a vital necessity that can no longer be delayed". fighting AIDS and poverty and championing the rights of children is a cause for every person. The Construction the MERCY HOSPITAL (about €5.000.000 ) will certainly be of benefit to the people eg job creation.
What's the total cost of the project?
It was estimated to cost about 5.000.000 million euro; This is a 250-bed building complexes including furnishing.
Be a sponsor of this project.
We are appealing to the hearts of international bodies/ organizations, private individuals etc. to MARRY this project.
The need to establish a centre per excellence in paediatric health care is paramount to increasing the human resource capacity of the African people.
If you accept our idea, you can help us through your contribution, whatever amount you give is acceptable.
Certainly our project is sustained by you.
No amount will be rejected.
No amount is too small
Transparency is our priority: information on project development, new initiatives and account will be rendered open to all our promoters/supporters. Help us to get this project off ground.
You can support us in various ways:
- BUY A BAG OF CEMENT
- BUY A TRIP OF SAND
- BUY A TRIP OF STONE
- BUY A THANKER OF WATER
- BUY TILES
- BUY SOME RODS
- ELLECTRICAL MATERIALS
- PAY A WORKER
You can decide the amount you wish to donate as a contribution to afford the above mentioned needs for the construction of “MERCY HOSPITAL”.
OUR SOLIDARITY CD
There are many ways that the “ASSOCIAZIONE O.I.M F.M.M.M ONLUS” permits you to offer solidarity their projects:
- Buy "Just to Say Thanks" by Sr.Mary Anne, for whose proceeds go to building Mercy Hospital in Abakaliki Nigeria, to help treat Children infected and affected by terminal diseases like tumours, cancer, HIV/AID and all those in need of special medical care.
Support and give a sure future to children by buying "Just to Say Thanks" on sale on I Tunes or contact: Midorè Editoriale or Sonarmusic for more information about the CD and the project.
iTunes - Musica - Just to Say...Thanks di Suor Anna
Listen to the preview of the tracks of the Music Album "Just to Say...Thanks" by Sr. Mary Anne on I Tunes Stores. Listen to preview, buy and download "Just to Say...Thanks" with only 8,99 euro for 10 tracks.
Download a track with only 0,99 euro.
You also acquire other songs from the same artist through: http://www.myspace.com/suormaryannenwiboko
As we all know, developmental and reproductive health indicators in developing countries are still deplorable, and adverse health consequences have been linked to poor socio-economic growth and development. Healthcare problems in developing countries are multifaceted and result from a combination of factors:
- political as well as poor planning and poor implementation of health policies and programmes.
Also, there is the problem of availability, accessibility, sustainability of services and weak medical referral systems.
There is therefore an urgent need for a determined effort on the part of individuals, communities, governments and partners interested in the provision of qualitative healthcare in developing nations like Nigeria, towards putting in adequate structures and healthcare facilities to ease these problems.
Of people. Adequate transportation facilities and healthcare infrastructural facilities such as water, equipment/structures to take care of emergency are fundamental.
In addition, developed countries should provide necessary technological and financial assistance to the developing countries, conduct more research on public health problems of developing countries and improve their public health service capacity.
We need economic support from both private and society to carry on this noble initiative.
Support us with your donations.
Your donations will be used to give a basic health care to those in need.
Your support for an orphaned vulnerable HIV child is essential.
Our association has taken it upon itself to search for fund to build this hospital.
Donate for a healthy Africa.
Donate for a healthy Nigeria.
Your donation can really help change a life.
The simplest way to support our work is to use your credit card or your PayPal account and make a secure donation using our online payment system.
Choose an amount and click on Daonate button below to make a donation online now.
You can also support us by bank transfer to the following
||Banca Popolare dell'Emilia Romagna
filiale di Lentini
|ASSOCIAZIONE O.I.M.F.M.M.M. ONLUS
Strada Comunale Pancali
96013 CARLENTINI (SR)
|ASSOCIAZIONE O.I.M.F.M.M.M. ONLUS
Strada Comunale Pancali
96013 CARLENTINI (SR)
||+39 095 990298
||+39 347 3714451